In the Hitchers game, the streets are full of people who are trying to hitchhike their way across the city or up and down the country. Players can:
– Summon give hitchers tasks or missions. Like: find your way home or to a given place and deliver a message/take a photo. Hitchers might also be programmed with questions to ask the players who pick them up, and might even ask them to take photos or record video on their behalf so that hitchers acquire memories as they travel.
– Pick up hitchers. Players are notified about nearby hitchers and get the opportunity to pick them up as they pass by.
– Interact with hitchers. Players can carry hitchers with them for a while and interact with them as they go, answering questions, taking photos and maybe even modifying them.
– Release hitchers again. Players can release hitchers at a new location, leaving them to wait for the next player to come along. However, the hitcher leaves them with a memory – its card – when it goes.
– Follow their progress and share their memories. A central web site tracks the progress of all hitchers. All players can get some background information about hitchers who are out there. Beyond this, a player who has obtained a hitcher’s card can access more information.
This is an adventure game, were players-superheroes move along the city with their mobile phone, fulfilling missions . These missions are each time assigned through SMS technology and are related to public spaces. Combining mechanics that we saw in previous posts, such as scavenger hunt and stands, players have to fullfill 10 sneak and snoop missions and 10 plant missions. On game day, you and your teammates will meet at the assigned location and will be given phones, digital cameras and other equipment necessary to document your adventure in order to proof each time that you accomplished your mission. At the end of the game, all teams watch uploaded pictures and videos and vote for best Gogame superheroes. More…